Loading

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baja Mexico "Trip to the Tip"

I just obtained some more photos from the Baja trip from one of the other riders. Thought I'd share.


One of the dozen or so military checkpoints we went thru.
The soldiers were always nice and often encouraged us to ride wheelies as we departed.
I tried to oblige whenever I could.


We must have crossed this river 20 times as the road criss-crossed back and forth over it.
Note the dust behind me. I was carrying "express mail" when this water crossing surprised me...


This brand-new pavement would make for an incredible sport-touring road as it wound up into the mountain.
It wasn't paved last April.


Departing a water crossing in a hurry.


A street gang we encountered in San Javier.


One of the many sections of old road that will soon be paved. This one was freshly graded.
Don't wait too long before you head to Baja, they're paving paradise.







This is by far the best shot anyone has ever taken of me on a bike.
We're on the Baja 1000 race course here, and I had been running
around 50 mph when this arroyo crossed the trail. It's a prime example
of why you never, ever, ever "go to sleep" down in Baja.
Thanks for great photo Erin!

No comments:

Post a Comment